Solve unknown fields error in the audit log
Unknown fields set during edit. Field may not be available project/type. is caused during a create, edit or transition issue action because the field you are trying to edit is not on the Jira screen, or the rule actor doesn't have permission to access/edit that field. This isn't something that can be validated when the rule is being configured.
*note, to do this you must be logged in as a Jira administrator and this doesn't work for sub-tasks
- Go to one of the issues that triggered this error (follow the link in the audit log)
- Open the edit issue dialog (if you are using the 'edit issue' action) or open a new issue (if you are using the 'create issue' action)
- Click the "fields" button in the top right hand corner, and then "Where is my field ?"
- In the following dialog, type the field you are trying to edit
- Jira tells you of any issues to fix to make it editable
See Jira's documentation for more information.