How to migrate from Jira Server to Jira Cloud
Congratulations and welcome to world of "The Cloud" - a place where Leprechauns sing and Unicorns fly.
Before you start on migrating your Automation data to Jira cloud - you may want to have quick read of what data we store and have access to.
- You have upgraded Automation for Jira to the latest version on you Server instance - We need this to ensure data compatibility between Cloud and Server
- You have migrated your Jira data from Server to Cloud. We use a lot of ids in our configuration and assume they exist in Cloud. e.g. Status Ids
- From Global Admin / System / Automation rules (the global Automation admin section), click on the drop down in the top right and "Export rules"
- (optional) Open up this file in an editor and edit values that exist in Server that do not exist in Cloud. E.g. usernames
- Go to that same page in Cloud and from the same menu select "Import rules" and follow the wizard.
- You will need to manually enable all the rules and fix any that have validation errors.
What is not migrated?
We do not migrate the following:
- Audit log data - this will start from scratch
What rules will not validate
The following components and configurations are not supported in Cloud
- Transition actions that use a specific transition
- Issue property updated triggers
- Publish Event triggers
- 3rd party extensions
- Some Outgoing email options
- Some Notification settings on issue actions
- Rules can not be run synchronously